Moving about on the map
Drag the map in the desired direction.
Zoom in. The desired area is given on the map.
* One can also zoom the map by using the slide menu.
* One can zoom the map by using the mouse wheel.
* One can also zoom and move the map by using the functions of the "PopUp" menu.
The menu opens by pressing the second button of the mouse.
* One can move from the area menu to a certain area in the municipality. There are also named areas in the menu
* The navigation map can be dragged in the desired direction. The main map window will then move.
The navigation map will close.
The navigation map will open.
One can hide the menu at the "less than sign".
* One can change the desired map from the menu.
* The levels which can be switched on/off, for example, the cycle paths can be seen in the menu.
* Address data can be found on the following municipalities:
- Aura, Lieto, Marttila, Masku, Mynämäki, Naantali, Nousiainen, Paimio,
Raisio, Rusko, Sauvo, Tarvasjoki are based on address data provided by the Population Register Centre.
The aim is to update the address data of these municipalities directly ordered by the municipalities.
(A data permission according to the Population Data Act (507/1993), amended 11.10.2002 No. 1067/40/02).
* Address data on the following municipalities:
- Turku and Kaarina are based on the municipalities' data. The data concerning these municipalities is updated 8-10 times a year.
* The address is input in the address search field and press Enter or choose the Search key.
* The address search can be aimed at a certain municipality.
* The address can be searched by number ranges.
* By filling a general word in the field, the search is aimed at all the data of the Map Guide.
* In the example below, one is searching for all the objects where the word "halli" appears.
* The found objects will appear on the list of Search results and on the map.
* It is possible to search for information on the division into regions for a single street address.
* In the example below, one is searching for into which postal district the addresss Alitalonkatu 8, Turku belongs to.
* The search will show the address and the postal code on the map.
* One can also indicate the location on the map
* The search objects which are included in the service can be searched for by using the functions Specified search.
These include, for example, Schools, Hotels, Libraries, Sports and Exercise Facilities, Health stations etc.
* All the search classes are shown on the list of Categories.
* One chooses the search classes from the list and they will appear in the table to the right.
The list of choices can be emptied by using the function "Remove limitations".
A separate search class can be deleted from the list by clicking it.
* Different search objects can be chosen from several search classes.
* The found objects will be shown on the map with different symbols.
* The search can be defined to a specific municipality.
* The objects can be deleted from the map and the list of Search results by choosing the symbol
or from the PopUp menu.
Measuring the distance
* The starting point and the following turn points are given in the function measuring of the distance.
* The distance between the given points appear on the map and the total distance can be seen by the cursor.
* The total distance is also seen in the Measuring the distance menu.
* The function "Delete the last point" in the menu will delete the turn points in the map even until the starting point.
* One can zoom or move the map between the function Measuring the distance.
* The measuring results can also be printed with the function Printing
* The printout window is planned for a A4 size paper (vertical).
* It is possible to write a free text in the printout.
* The search results and the measuring of the distances seen on the map can be printed.
* A link to the service can be made with the function Map link.
Instructions for making a link:
1. Choose the function "Select center point for the link".
2. Click the spot on the map where you want the link to be inserted.
3. Name the link in the field "Name of the link".
* You can test the link by clicking it. The link will open in a new window.
* Give us feedback and development proposals.
Estates for companies
* The Search engine of the estates will open by means of the function Search for estates for companies.
* There are all the joint municipalities' estates for industries, businesses, offices and warehouses of Turku Region Development Centre in the service.
* The joint municipalities: Kaarina, Lieto, Masku, Mynämäki, Naantali,
Nousiainen, Paimio, Raisio, Rusko, Sauvo, Turku.
* Estates can be searched for, for example, according to purpose of use, municipality and area.
* The found objects will appear on the list and on the map.
* By clicking the Real estate identification number on the list or the icon of the estate
on the map the Printing page of the estate will open.
Create a user ID
* You can create your own user ID in the service.
* Choose "Log in" at the upper edge to the right.
* Choose "Create new account" from the logging page.
* Fill in the fields. Attention! The password must have at least 7 characters and
include one special character, for example, _ * ! # % & ?.
* Choose "I accept. Create my account". Choose "Continue".
* The Map Service will send a message of confirmation to the given e-mail address. Click the link.
* Log in.
Objects of one´s own
* You can make your own drawings on the Map. The drawings can be spot-like, linear or areal drawings.
* You can choose the format of the drawings
* The drawings of one's own can be saved on the server on the user account of the "User ID of one's own".
You can make so called collections of the drawings.
Copyright and contact information
* All the map material included in the service is protected according to the Copyright Act (404/1961) and
the decree (574/1995) for the Real Estate Department of the City of Turku.
* If you want, for example, to publish material for your own use, please contact:
tel. +358 2 2624 524